Thursday, November 09, 2006

Suck it, Anthropologie Catalog!

As if it wasn't bad enough that Anthropologie constantly sends me catalogs full of wonderful things that I can't afford, now they're using ugly models to do it. That's right, you heard me: UGLY.

Instead of, "Here take a look at this lovely little frock: It costs more than your mortgage payment!" Now it's all, "Here take a look at this lovely little frock: It costs more than your mortgage payment and we're going to put it on a model that looks like Ron Perlman from the 1987 television series Beauty and the Beast just to spite you!" Think I'm exaggerating? My friends, I wish it were so...

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

3 comments:

  1. VINCENT!
    I loved that tv show as a tot but dammit they should feature me in that f-ing catalog if they are going to model their sartorial splendor on a she-beast. I would at least appear happy because that I could finally don such over-priced garments, instead of looking like a tortured primate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:54 PM

    i always wondered what happened to that guy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:55 AM

    This is totally accurate. You should send this to Anthropologie and tell them they're catalogues cause you nightmares.

    That show was awesome in such an awful way.

    ReplyDelete